NClass is a elegant UML class diagram tool oriented to code modeling for the C# & Java languages.
- It is specially well suited to create your O-O design class model (and think and visualize the full set in terms of Design Patterns) and generate a skeleton for you in C# or Java.
- On the other hand, if you need to document a-posteriori (I hope you don’t do it frequently, by the way), NClass also incorporates a plug-in developed by Malte Ried to reverse engineering a .NET assembly using reflection to extract the classes and draw the corresponding design class model.
In this second mayor version the key new features are:
- Project-model hierarchy for multiple diagrams
- Name, role and multiplicity labels on relationships
- Navigation facilities (Model Explorer, Diagram Navigator)
- Inline class editor
- Visual enhancements (gradient modes, ClearType, etc.)
- Generation of solution files and NotImplementedException as default implementation
NClass is coded in C# by my colleague Balázs Tihanyi (based on Budapest) and it’s released under the GNU Licence.
In version 2.0, NClass supports different languages like Hungarian, English, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Chinese & Spanish. If you find a bug in the Spanish translation do not complaint to Balázs. In this case do it directly to me. }:)
Try it & enjoy!